Are you planning to buy online car insurance? Read this.
Owning a car is way more than a status symbol in the 21st century. It is a thing of necessity. The comfort to move around anytime, anywhere, without having to face any trouble is beyond imagination. But all the fervent to own a car shatter when it meets with any accident or mishap. The loss would be highly devastating, costly and hard-to-cope with. It is indeed a major setback for any car owner. To prevent this, we have car insurance for you so that you keep enjoying the benefits of owning a car without any hindrance.
Buying car insurance is indispensable for any car owner as it provides sufficient risk coverage.
Everything about car insurance
What is it?
Online car insurance is an insurance policy meant to trim down the expenditure after any sudden accident, theft or failure of the car. By paying an affordable amount as premium, car owner safeguards his/her car against any future damage or loss.
Why I need it?
Car insurance is a must to safeguard your car. More than anything else, the law suggests this. As per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 of India, all the vehicles running on Indian roads should come with at least third party motor insurance. Being a responsible citizen, it is your duty to stick by the law.
How do I get it?
You can either buy insurance from an agent which is a traditional way of buying or go online. With the onset of technology, car insurance is now easily available by a single click.
Online car insurance has gained much fame over the last decade with people relying on mobile apps more than anything else. Who would want to go for a lengthy procedure when you have all the details right in front of you?
Before jumping on the bandwagon of online car insurance, know it little better.
Risks Of Online Car Insurance
There is no doubt that buying online car insurance is one of the easiest things to do. You can buy it anytime and anywhere. In addition, you will get instant customer support to solve all your queries. As buying online car insurance is a short and easy process, you save a lot of time.
But is it always so easy and free from any risk? Absolutely not. This touch-and-go method is always not so beneficial. While the traditional agent-buying process is quite lengthy and cumbersome, online car insurance also comes with its own set of risks. Here is the list of the major ones.
- Identity theft: The internet has not only made our lives easy, but has also given rise to internet-crooks. People can steal your personal details using the internet. One of the biggest major risks involved in buying online car insurance is the stealing of your identity. Many cases of stealing of personal information have been reported.
- Many terms and conditions about the insurance plan’s terms are not so easy to understand unless you are an insurance expert. Not all can understand the legal and banking terms mentioned in the policy. With online car insurance, there are always some vague facts in your mind which is not the case with hiring an agent.
- You are your own liaison: With online car insurance, you have to handle all the tasks on your own. Staring from paying the premium, to making a claim; you have to do it all by yourself. As you don’t have any dedicated agent, you have to bank upon the customer support of your insurance provider who can be hard to trace. You have to call several number times for a single solution. This could be highly daunting at the time of an emergency.
- The chances of claim rejection are high: When you buy online car insurance; you may not get any help while making your claim. Filling up the forms associated with the claim is indeed a brainstorming task with so much information available. It is often found that in absence of any physical assistance, people fill up the wrong details and their claim is rejected instantly.
Top Online Car Insurance: There are several online car insurance providers in India. Some of them are as follows:
- ICICI Lombard Motor Insurance
- Bharti AXA Car Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance
- TATA AIG Car Insurance
- Oriental Motor Insurance
Choose anyone and avail car insurance right away. Read all the details carefully before signing the deal.